Hattiesburg Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcycle riders are vulnerable to serious injuries in a crash. If you have been hurt in a motorcycle accident caused by someone else’s negligence, call The Penton Law Group, PLLC today to schedule a consultation. We will advise you of your legal rights and about the types of damages which you may be entitled to claim.
Why Choose Our Firm?
- We are available for questions or concerns 24/7, and we respond promptly to calls, texts and emails.
- We put our clients first, going above and beyond to pursue the compensation they deserve.
- We have over a decade of experience representing injured people.
- We focus our practice exclusively on personal injury matters – It is all we do.
Why You Need a Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Motorcycle accidents have the potential to cause serious or catastrophic injuries to riders. Injured motorcyclists need to recover full compensation to cover their medical expenses, lost wages and other losses. If you have been seriously injured in a motorcycle accident, you need an experienced personal injury lawyer by your side to:
- Investigate your accident
- Collect and preserve evidence
- Construct a compelling case based on evidence
- Negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf
- Fight for the compensation you deserve in court
Motorcycle Accident Statistics
- According to preliminary data from the Governors Highway Safety Association (GHSA), there were 37 motorcyclist traffic fatalities in Mississippi in a recent year.
- This figure represents a 26% decrease in motorcyclist deaths from the previous year.
- The Insurance Information Institute (III) reports 88,000 motorcyclist injuries nationwide in the most recent year for which injury statistics are available.
- The motorcyclist fatality rate in 2016 was 60.90 per 100,000 registered motorcycles.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Crashes
Motorcycles are smaller and less visible than four-wheeled passenger vehicles. Many motorcycle crashes are caused by drivers who fail to see the motorcycle on the road. Common causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Distracted driving: Texting, talking on cell phones and other forms of driver distraction are among the greatest threats to motorcyclists and others on the roadways today.
- Left-hand turns: Many motorcycle accidents occur at intersections. In a common scenario, a driver traveling in the opposite direction turns left directly into the path of the motorcycle. Failure to yield while making a left-hand turn is the most common cause of crashes involving motorcycles and cars.
- Drunk driving: A driver under the influence of alcohol is more likely to overlook a motorcycle in the road and cause a crash.
- Unsafe lane changes: As they are smaller than passenger vehicles, motorcycles are more likely to appear in a driver’s blind spot. When a driver fails to signal and perform a head check before changing lanes, it can cause an accident and serious injuries.
- Dangerous roadways: Motorcycles lack the stability of passenger vehicles. Uneven pavement, potholes, debris or dead animals in the road can cause a rider to lose control and crash.
Who Is Liable?
Proving liability for a motorcycle accident means proving negligence. Potentially responsible parties for motorcycle accidents may include:
- The other driver
- Bike manufacturer
- Tire manufacturer
- Local government responsible for maintaining the roads
Connect with The Penton Law Group, PLLC
If you have been seriously hurt in a motorcycle accident that was someone else’s fault, it is important to recover full compensation for your injuries. Contact The Penton Law Group, PLLC as soon as possible. Our Hattiesburg motorcycle accident lawyers have the knowledge, skill and resources needed to effectively pursue the maximum compensation available under the law.