Jackson Bicycle Accident Attorney
Cyclists have same rights and responsibilities as passenger vehicle drivers; however, they are much more vulnerable to injuries in a crash. If you have been hurt in a bicycle accident caused by someone else’s negligence, contact The Penton Law Group, PLLC as soon as possible. Our Jackson bicycle accident attorneys are dedicated legal advocates for bike accident victims.
Why Choose The Penton Law Group?
- At The Penton Law Group, PLLC, we put our clients first, going above and beyond to ensure their legal needs are met.
- Our Jackson bicycle accident attorneys have over a decade of experience representing people who have been injured by the negligence of another.
- We limit our caseload to ensure that every client gets the attention they deserve.
- We focus our practice exclusively on personal injury law – It is all we do.
Why You Need a Jackson Bicycle Accident Attorney
If you were injured in a bicycle accident, the insurance company may offer you a quick, lowball settlement. They may try to blame you for the accident to avoid paying out compensation. It is in your best interest to speak with an experienced Jackson bicycle accident lawyer before talking to the insurance company representatives. Our attorneys can:
- Investigate your accident to determine fault and liability
- Collect and preserve evidence to support your claim
- Assess the full extent of your injuries and losses
- Negotiate skillfully with insurance companies on your behalf
- Represent you at trial if necessary
Bicycle Accident Statistics
As reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA):
- 857 cyclists were killed in traffic crashes in 2018.
- Bicyclist fatalities accounted for 2% of all traffic deaths.
- 71% of bicyclists who died in collisions with motor vehicles were killed in urban areas
- 46 is the average age of bicyclists killed in traffic crashes in the U.S.
Causes of Bicycle Accidents
Common causes of bicycle accidents involving motor vehicles include:
- Tailgating: Drivers following too closely can injure or kill the bicyclist in a rear-end collision.
- Right-hand turns: A driver turning right fails to yield and strikes a bicycle in the cross street. In another scenario, a driver overtakes a bicyclist and cuts him or her off when making a right-hand turn.
- Left-hand turns: A driver traveling in the opposite direction makes a left-hand turn at an intersection directly into the path of the bicycle.
- Parked car doors: This type of collision occurs when a driver in a parked car opens a car door directly in an oncoming bicyclist’s path. The bicyclist does not have enough time to stop or swerve out of the way.
Common Injuries in a Bicycle Crash
Bicyclists are vulnerable to a wide range of serious injuries in a collision. Common bicycle accident injuries include:
Contact The Penton Law Group, PLLC
Negligent drivers can cause bicycle accidents and injuries, even when diligent cyclists are doing what they should to avoid a crash. If you have been hurt in a bicycle accident, contact The Penton Law Group, PLLC. Our Jackson personal injury lawyers can help you pursue the compensation you deserve for your injuries and losses.