Suffered a Burn Injury?Schedule A Free Consultation
Jackson Burn Injury Lawyer
Burns are among the most debilitating injuries a person can suffer. If you have suffered serious burn injuries because of someone else’s negligence, contact The Penton Law Group, PLLC. Our Jackson burn injury attorneys are dedicated legal advocates for burn injury victims.
Why Choose The Penton Law Group?
- At The Penton Law Group, PLLC, we focus strictly upon personal injury cases.
- Our Jackson burn injury lawyers have over a decade of experience representing people injured by the negligence of another.
- We put our clients first, going above and beyond to ensure their legal needs are met.
- We prepare every case as though it were going to trial.
Do You Need a Jackson Burn Injury Attorney?
After suffering a serious burn injury due to the negligence of another, it is in your best interest to have an experienced burn injury lawyer by your side. If you are unable to work because of surgeries, skin grafts and rehabilitation, it is important to secure a recovery that will fully compensate you for your losses. Our Jackson burn injury attorneys have the knowledge, skills and resources to:
- Thoroughly investigate your injury and identify responsible parties
- Build a strong case with evidence to support your claim
- Skillfully negotiate with insurance companies for a full and fair settlement
- Represent you at trial if necessary
At The Penton Law Group our Jackson burn injury attorneys will fight for you and get you the compensation to cover any economic or other damages you faced after a burn injury. We are available o take your call 24/7 and offer free consultations. Feel free to call our Jackson, Mississippi office today at (601) 500-5357 or fill out a contact form here.
Types of Claims For Fire Injury Lawsuits:
- Truck and Semi-truck accident explosions
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Fires caused by defective products
- Workplace accidents
- Fires in hotels, restaurants, nightclubs or retail stores.
- Electrical fires
All of these incidents can result in serious burn injuries. If you or a loved one was injured in a fire and you believe negligence was involved, contact our Jackson burn injury lawyers, we will protect your rights and make sure you get the compensation you deserve to pay for your medical bills and any other loss of income.
Types of Burn Injuries
Burns are tissue damage caused by heat, chemical or electrical contact, or overexposure to sun or radiation. The Mayo Clinic states that symptoms vary depending on how deep the tissue is damaged.
- First-degree burns affect only the epidermis (outer layer of skin). They can cause redness and pain.
- Second-degree burns affect both the epidermis and the dermis (second layer of skin). Symptoms may include swelling, blisters, severe pain, and red, white or splotchy skin.
- Third-degree burns involve damage that extends to the fat layer beneath the skin. They can destroy nerves, causing numbness. Affected areas may be black, brown or white, and the skin may look leathery.
Causes of Burn Injuries
The American Burn Association reported the following causes of burn injuries during a recent 10-year period:
- Fire or flame exposure – 43%
- Scalding – 34%
- Contact with hot objects – 9%
- Electrical contact – 4%
- Chemical contact – 3%
- Other – 7%
Burn Injury Facts & Statistics
As stated by the American Burn Association (ABA):
- 486,000 burn injuries in the U.S. received medical treatment in a recent year.
- 2,745 people died from residential fires.
- 310 people died from vehicle crash fires.
- A civilian fire death occurs every 2 hours and 41 minutes.
- Odds of dying from fire, flame, or smoke exposure in the U.S. are 1 in 1,442.
- Survival rate for burn injuries is 96.8%.
- 68% of burn injury victims are male and 32% are female.
Why Burn Injuries Can Be High-Stakes Cases
Burns are among the most traumatic and expensive injuries to treat. Third-degree burns may require years of medical treatment, result in long-term disability and significantly impact quality of life. Medical treatment, repeat hospital admissions and rehabilitation for extensive burn injuries can amount to hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Contact The Penton Law Group | Jackson Burn Injury Attorneys
If you are the victim of a burn injury caused by someone else’s negligence, an experienced Jackson, Mississippi burn injury lawyer can protect your legal rights and fight for the compensation you deserve. Contact The Penton Law Group, PLLC today to schedule a consultation. Our Jackson personal injury Attorney in Mississippi operates on a contingency fee basis, which means you pay no fees until we recover compensation for you. Call us today to schedule an appointment.