Injured in a Car Accident?Schedule A Free Consultation
Jackson Car Accident Lawyer
Traveling on America’s roadways is becoming riskier every year. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports 34,439 fatal and 2,177,000 injury crashes in a recent year. If you have been hurt in a car wreck caused by someone else’s negligence, contact The Penton Law Group, PLLC. Our Jackson car accident attorneys are tough advocates for victims.
Why Choose The Penton Law Group?
- We are trial lawyers with over a decade of experience successfully representing injured people.
- Our Jackson car accident attorneys focus solely on personal injury law – It is all we do.
- We limit our caseload to ensure that every client we represent gets the attention they deserve.
- We are available 24/7 and respond promptly to calls, texts and emails.
How a Jackson Car Accident Attorney Can Help
If you have been injured in a car wreck, it is in your best interest to consult with a specialized attorney that has experience. Our Jackson car accident lawyers can:
- Investigate your accident to determine fault
- Obtain and preserve evidence
- Assess the full extent of your injuries and losses
- Negotiate skillfully with insurance companies on your behalf
- Represent you at trial if necessary
Not all accidents are the same, so hiring a car wreck lawyer who has a lot of experience dealing with the court system in Jackson, the better chance you will have at a positive outcome. The Penton Law Group will take your call 24/7 and offers free case evaluations, so there is no risk on your end.
Learn More About The Penton Law Group:
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Jackson
Many factors can contribute to car accidents, including weather and road conditions. Most wrecks are caused by human error. Common causes of car accidents include:
- Distracted driving: In 2017 alone, distracted driving claimed 3,166 lives, as stated by NHTSA.
- Driving under the influence: NHTSA reports that alcohol-impaired driving contributed to 10,511 fatalities in 2018.
- Aggressive driving: This dangerous combination of driving behaviors involves speeding, tailgating, erratic lane changes, failure to yield the right-of-way, and failure to obey traffic signs and signals.
- Drowsy driving: As stated by the National Safety Council (NSC), driving after more than 20 hours without sleep is as dangerous as driving with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of .08% — the legal limit.
Common Injuries in Car Wrecks
Victims may suffer all types of injuries in car crashes, ranging from minor to fatal. Among the most common car accident injuries are:
- Head injuries, including traumatic brain injury
- Orthopedic injuries, such as fractures, sprains and strains
- Whiplash, a soft tissue injury that can occur in rear-end collisions, or in any type of crash that causes a sudden jerking of the neck
- Spinal injuries which can cause paralysis if the spinal cord is damaged
What to Do After a Car Accident in Jackson
Car accidents can be a traumatic and stressful experience. After an accident, we recommend the following actions:
- Call the police and seek medical attention for any injuries.
- Exchange contact and insurance information with the other driver.
- Obtain the names, addresses and phone numbers of any eyewitnesses to the accident.
- Take pictures of the accident scene, including vehicles, skid marks and any other evidence of damage.
- Do not admit or express any opinion about fault.
- Contact an experienced Jackson car accident lawyer as soon as possible.
Contact The Penton Law Group, PLLC
If you have been involved in a car wreck that was caused by someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation for the losses you have suffered. Contact The Penton Law Group, PLLC to find out if you have a case and what damages you may be entitled to claim. Our Jackson personal injury lawyers operate on a contingency-fee-basis, which means you pay no fees unless we successfully recover for you.