Injured on your motorcycle?Schedule A Free Consultation
Jackson Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcycles lack the protection of an enclosed vehicle, so motorcyclists are extremely vulnerable to serious injuries in a crash. If you have been hurt in a motorcycle accident caused by someone else’s negligence, contact The Penton Law Group in Mississippi as soon as possible. Our Jackson motorcycle accident lawyers are dedicated, experienced advocates for injured motorcycle riders.
Why Choose Us?
- At The Penton Law Group, PLLC we are available 24/7 for questions or concerns, and we respond promptly to calls, texts and emails. Contact us today.
- We limit our caseload to ensure that every client we represent gets the attention they deserve.
- Our motorcycle accident lawyers have over a decade of experience representing people who have been injured due to the fault of someone else.
- We operate on a contingency fee basis, which means you do not owe us a fee until we successfully recover compensation for you.
Do I Need a Jackson Motorcycle Accident Attorney?
Motorcycle accidents can result in serious or catastrophic injuries, so injured motorcyclists depend on full compensation from the responsible parties to cover their medical expenses, time away from work and other losses. Insurance companies are in business to make money, not to pay claims, so they make every attempt to protect their bottom line when a claim is made. Since operating a motorcycle is risky, the insurance company may try to blame the rider for the accident.
After a serious motorcycle wreck, it is in your best interest to have an experienced lawyer by your side. Our Jackson motorcycle accident attorneys have the knowledge, skill and resources you need to help level the playing field against the insurance company when making a claim for compensation.
Motorcycle Accident Statistics
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA):
- 4,985 motorcyclists were killed in traffic crashes in a recent year, representing a 4% decrease over the previous year.
- Motorcycle rider fatalities occurred nearly 28 times more frequently than passenger vehicle occupant fatalities.
- 37% of all motorcyclists involved in fatal crashes were speeding.
- 25% of riders involved in fatal accidents had a blood alcohol content (BAC) of .08 or higher.
What Causes Motorcycle Crashes?
Motorcycles are smaller, less visible and less stable than four-wheeled passenger vehicles. Common causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Drivers making left-hand turns: Inattentive drivers may simply fail to yield to a motorcycle in the roadway. Many motorcycle collisions occur when a car traveling in the opposite direction makes a left-hand turn at an intersection, directly into the path of a motorcycle traveling straight ahead.
- Unsafe lane changes: As motorcycles are smaller than cars or trucks, they can easily get caught in the driver’s blind spot. A driver who fails to signal and perform a head check before changing lanes can cause a serious crash.
- Tailgating: Following too closely is dangerous under any circumstances; however, a rear-end collision with a motorcycle can cause catastrophic or fatal injuries to the rider.
- Dangerous road conditions: Motorcycles are lighter and less stable than passenger cars or trucks. Potholes, slick roadways, uneven pavement, debris, or dead animals in the road can cause a motorcycle rider to lose control of the bike and crash. Many of these can result in serious injuries including burns, visit our Jackson burn injury attorney page to learn more about your legal options and how our team can help.
Common Injuries in Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle riders, lacking the protection of seatbelts, airbags or an enclosed vehicle, may suffer a wide variety of injuries in a crash. Common motorcycle accident injuries include:
- Head and neck injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Severe abrasions (road rash)
- Muscle damage
- Internal injuries
- Lower extremity injuries
- Burn injuries
Contact a Jackson Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
After a motorcycle accident causing injury, the sooner you speak with an experienced Jackson personal injury attorney, the better. Call The Penton Law Group, PLLC to schedule a free consultation. We will evaluate your case and the types of damages to which you are entitled.