Jackson Pedestrian Accident Attorney
Pedestrian accidents and injuries are on the rise according to National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) statistics. If you have been injured in a pedestrian accident, contact The Penton Law Group, PLLC as soon as possible to discuss your options for compensation.
Why Choose The Penton Law Group?
- We operate on a contingency fee basis, which means you do not owe us any money unless we successfully recover for you.
- We focus our practice solely on personal injury law – It is all we do.
- Our Jackson accident attorneys have over a decade of experience representing people who have suffered a personal injury.
- We are available 24/7 for questions or concerns, and we respond promptly to calls, texts and emails.
Why You Need a Pedestrian Accident Attorney?
Pedestrians are extremely vulnerable to suffering a serious injury after a collision with a motor vehicle. If you have been hurt as a pedestrian by a negligent driver, you are entitled to recover full and fair compensation to cover the cost of your medical treatment, lost wages and other financial and personal losses. Our Jackson pedestrian accident lawyers have extensive experience dealing with insurance companies and with handling pedestrian and car accident cases. We have the knowledge, skill and experience needed to effectively pursue the compensation you deserve.
Pedestrian Accident Statistics
NHTSA reports that:
- 6,482 pedestrians were killed in traffic crashes in 2018 – the highest since 1990.
- This figure represents a 3% increase from the previous year.
- Pedestrian fatalities accounted for 17% of all motor vehicle traffic crash deaths.
- On average, a pedestrian was killed every 1.5 hours.
- Mississippi had 58 pedestrian deaths, accounting for 8.4% of all traffic fatalities statewide.
Factors Contributing to Pedestrian Accidents
In a Traffic Safety Facts sheet regarding pedestrians, NHTSA states that:
- Alcohol consumption was reported in 48% of traffic fatalities.
- An estimated 13% of fatal pedestrian crashes involved a driver with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of .08 or higher.
- 75% of pedestrian accidents occurred in the dark rather than during daylight hours.
- 25% of children ages 14 and younger killed in traffic crashes were pedestrians.
- 90% of pedestrian fatalities involved a single motor vehicle.
- Pedestrians who died in a collision with an automobile were most likely to be struck by the front of the vehicle.
Pedestrians are at risk at all times especially when negligent drivers get on the road. If you or someone you loved was struck by a drunk driver, you have options. Read more about your legal rights and options on our Jackson DUI accident attorney page.
Common Pedestrian Accident Injuries
Pedestrians involved in a traffic crash are vulnerable to serious injuries. In a study published by the National Institutes of Health (NIH), researchers found that:
- The lower extremities are most frequently injured in pedestrian accidents, followed by the head, face, neck and upper extremities.
- The most severe injuries sustained by pedestrians were to the head and thorax (the area between the neck and abdomen).
- 20% of lower extremity injuries were to the leg and 14% were to the knees.
- Loss of consciousness was the most common head injury – if you are suffering from this injury, our Jackson brain injury attorneys can help get the compensation you deserve.
- 16% of pedestrians who sustained lower-extremity injuries also suffered injuries to the shoulders and arms.
- 9% of pedestrians sustained pelvic injuries and 73% suffered a fracture.
Contact a Jackson Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Available 24/7
If you have been injured by a negligent driver while walking, you may be entitled to compensation for your losses. Call The Penton Law Group, PLLC in Jackson, Mississippi to schedule a free consultation with our Jackson personal injury lawyer MaryAnna Penton.