Request a Free Case EvaluationSchedule A Free Consultation
Jackson Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer
Slip and fall accidents can cause severe, debilitating injuries that can result in long-term, negative consequences for the victim. If you have been hurt in a slip and fall incident on someone else’s property, contact The Penton Law Group, PLLC as soon as possible. You may have a claim for compensation against the property owner or possessor. Our Jackson slip and fall attorneys offer free consultations. We can also take your call at any time 24/7.
Why Choose The Penton Law Group, PLLC?
- We put our clients first, going above and beyond to ensure their legal needs are met.
- We prepare every case as if it will go to trial, and we skillfully negotiate with insurance companies for full and fair compensation.
- We are available for questions or concerns 24/7 and promptly respond to calls, texts and emails.
- Our slip and fall accident attorneys have over a decade of experience representing injured people in personal injury matters.
Why You Need a Slip and Fall Lawyer
Liability for Slip and fall incidents is not always obvious and clear cut. In many cases, the insurance company for the property owner will deny coverage for the incident, especially if you are not represented by an attorney. Our Jackson premises liability attorneys have the knowledge, skill and experience necessary to identify the responsible parties, preserve the evidence and prove liability.
Slip and Fall Accident Statistics
As reported by the National Floor Safety Institute (NFSI):
- Most slip and falls occur on wet surfaces.
- 5% of people who fall suffer fractures.
- Slip and falls account for more than one million emergency room visits.
- Women are more likely than men to experience a slip and fall.
- Slip and falls are the leading cause of workers’ compensation claims.
- Floors and flooring materials directly contribute to more than two million fall injuries per year.
- Half of all accidental deaths in the home are caused by falls.
- Falls are the second leading cause of injury-related death among people ages 65 to 84.
- The risk of falls increases with each decade of life.
What Are The Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents?
Slip and falls can occur indoors or outdoors. Common causes include:
- Floors that have been recently mopped or waxed
- Food or beverage spills that are not promptly cleaned up
- Uneven floor surfaces
- Loose mats
- Torn carpeting
- Debris in walkways
- Staircases with broken or missing handrails
- Cracks in paving stones
- Icy walkways
Proving Liability and Damages in a Slip and Fall Case
To recover compensation for a slip and fall accident, it is not enough to simply prove that you slipped and fell on someone else’s property. You must also prove liability by showing that the property owner was negligent, and that the negligence contributed to your injuries. The property owner is negligent if a dangerous condition exists on the property, the owner knew or reasonably should have known of the condition and failed to warn or protect guests from the dangerous condition.
In order to prove damages, you will need your medical records, medical bills, wage loss documentation and documents which support out-of-pocket expenses. Your medical doctor will likely need to testify that the slip and fall incident caused your injuries. Compensation for pain and suffering cannot be specifically calculated, but is typically awarded based upon the severity of the injury, the length of time you received medical treatment and the extent to which the injury negatively impacted your life. Speaking to a Jackson personal injury attorney can help you figure out whether you have a case or what steps you need to take after your injury.
Schedule a Free Consultation Today
Slip and fall accidents can result in serious injuries. If you have been hurt in a slip and fall accident caused by someone else’s negligence, call The Penton Law Group, PLLC in Jackson, Mississippi right away for a free consultation. Our Jackson slip and fall accident lawyers will evaluate your case and the types of damages to which you are entitled. Contact our firm by calling (601) 500-5357 or by filling out an online contact form. We can take your call 24/7.