Injured in a truck accident?Schedule A Free Consultation
Jackson Truck Accident Attorney
In a collision between a passenger vehicle and an 18-wheeler, passenger vehicle occupants are likely to suffer serious or fatal injuries. If you or your loved one has been hurt in a trucking accident, call The Penton Law Group, PLLC as soon as possible. Our Jackson truck accident lawyers are tough advocates for injured victims. Call (601) 500-5357 to schedule a free consultation.
Why Choose The Penton Law Group, PLLC?
- We focus our practice solely on personal injury law – It is all we do.
- Our truck crash attorneys have over a decade of legal experience representing people who have been injured due to the fault of another.
- We limit our caseload to ensure that your case gets the attention it deserves.
- We prepare every case as if it were going to trial and are not intimidated by large corporations.
Dealing with the aftermath of a truck accident can be difficult, let us help you understand your legal options and rights. We can deal with claims and insurance companies, while you can focus on recovering from possible injuries or trauma. Our Jackson truck accident lawyers are available to take your call or email. Call us at our Jackson, Mississippi office at (601) 500-5357 you could also give us more details about your accident by filling out an online contact form here.
Why You Need a Jackson Truck Accident Lawyer
Trucking accident injury claims are complicated cases involving federal regulations and, potentially, multiple responsible parties. After an18-wheeler collision causing serious injuries or death, the trucking company and insurer will have teams of Jackson truck accident attorneys to fight against your claim. A Jackson truck accident lawyer have the knowledge, legal skill and resources needed to obtain and preserve evidence, determine liability, construct a compelling case based on evidence, negotiate skillfully with insurance companies on your behalf, and represent you at trial, if necessary.
What Should I do After a Truck Accident in Jackson, MS?
Getting involved in a crash with a big rig, or a tractor-trailer can have devastating effects on your vehicle and your body. Here are a few steps you can take after a crash, or if you were already involved in a truck accident, use these steps to go back and gather information before visiting a truck accident lawyer in Mississippi.
- Report the Crash: If you are able to, contact the police after the accident, turn on hazard lights, and put up cones if you have them available. You want to make sure you have a clear report of what happened.
- Get Medical Assistance: Whether it’s at the scene or immediately after, go see a medical professional to make sure you don’t have injuries that can show up later. Oftentimes, effects from an accident do not show up until later and it can be difficult to get compensation if you don’t get checked out immediately.
- Exchange Information: Try and get information from all parties involved in the crash. This includes pictures of your damage and the other driver’s insurance information.
- Get Legal Help: If you are dealing with insurance companies on your own and believe they will not help you cover all your medical or economic damages, speak to a local attorney in Jackson, Mississippi. You can speak to a legal expert at no cost, and check if you have a truck accident lawsuit.
Determining Liability After a Tractor-Trailer Crash
Each accident is different but there are many parties who can be responsible for a truck wreck. During an investigation, each of these parties will be looked into and could be considered liable for your injuries and damages to your vehicle.
- Truck Driver
- Trucking Company
- Truck Owner
- Manufactures if a defective part caused the accident.
Causes of Truck Accidents In Jackson
Circumstances vary for trucking accidents but many times a crash was caused by negligence, which can happen in a variety of ways. At The Penton Law Group, an experienced Jackson truck accident lawyer will investigate every detail of your crash and will look into each party involved and make sure we get you the compensation you deserve.
The Large Truck Crash Causation Study, involving 120,000 large truck crashes, was conducted by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) to examine causes of serious accidents involving trucks weighing over 10,000 lbs. As stated in the Large Truck Crash Causation Study Analysis Brief published by FMCSA, 55% of large trucks involved in crashes were at fault for the accident. In 87% of these accidents, the cause of the crash was some type of truck driver error.
- Brake problems
- Interruption of traffic flow (congestion, another accident in the roadway)
- Prescription drug use
- Traveling too fast for conditions
- Unfamiliarity with the roadway
- Roadway problems
- Required to stop before a crash (crosswalk, red light, etc.)
- Over-the-counter drug use
- Inadequate surveillance
- Driver fatigue
Why Trucking Accidents Are So Dangerous
As stated by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), most fatalities in large truck crashes are passenger vehicle occupants. A fully-loaded 18-wheeler can weigh 20 to 30 times as much as a passenger car or light truck. Commercial trucks are taller with greater ground clearance which can lead to smaller vehicles colliding with the undercarriage of large trucks in a crash. Braking is also a problem. Loaded tractor-trailers require 20% to 40% more distance to stop than passenger cars do.
Contact A Jackson Truck Accident Attorney | Available 24/7
If you or your loved one has been injured in a crash with an 18-wheeler, the sooner you speak with an experienced truck accident attorney, the better. Contact our Jackson accident attorneys at The Penton Law Group, PLLC right away to schedule a free consultation. Our Jackson personal injury lawyers can accurately identify the responsible parties and aggressively pursue full and fair compensation for your injuries.