Injured in a truck accident?Schedule A Free Consultation
Jackson Truck Accident Attorney
In a collision between a passenger vehicle and an 18-wheeler, passenger vehicle occupants are likely to suffer serious or fatal injuries. If you or your loved one has been hurt in a trucking accident, call The Penton Law Group, PLLC as soon as possible. Our Jackson truck accident lawyers are tough advocates for injured victims. Call (601) 500-5357 to schedule a free consultation.
Why Choose The Penton Law Group, PLLC?
- We focus our practice solely on personal injury law – It is all we do.
- Our attorneys have over a decade of legal experience representing people who have been injured due to the fault of another.
- We limit our caseload to ensure that your case gets the attention it deserves.
- We prepare every case as if it were going to trial and are not intimidated by large corporations.
Why You Need a Trucking Accident Lawyer
Trucking accident injury claims are complicated cases involving federal regulations and, potentially, multiple responsible parties. After an18-wheeler collision causing serious injuries or death, the trucking company and insurer will have teams of Jackson truck accident attorneys to fight against your claim. Our Jackson truck accident lawyers have the knowledge, legal skill and resources needed to obtain and preserve evidence, determine liability, construct a compelling case based on evidence, negotiate skillfully with insurance companies on your behalf, and represent you at trial, if necessary.
Why Trucking Accidents Are So Dangerous
As stated by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), most fatalities in large truck crashes are passenger vehicle occupants. A fully-loaded 18-wheeler can weigh 20 to 30 times as much as a passenger car or light truck. Commercial trucks are taller with greater ground clearance which can lead to smaller vehicles colliding with the undercarriage of large trucks in a crash. Braking is also a problem. Loaded tractor-trailers require 20% to 40% more distance to stop than passenger cars do.
Trucking Accident Statistics
As reported by IIHS:
- 4,102 people died in large truck wrecks in a recent year.
- 68% of these fatalities were occupants of passenger vehicles.
- 17% were large truck occupants.
- 14% were pedestrians, bicyclists, or motorcyclists.
- Trucking accident fatalities increased by 30% over an eight-year period.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
The Large Truck Crash Causation Study, involving 120,000 large truck crashes, was conducted by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) to examine causes of serious accidents involving trucks weighing over 10,000 lbs. As stated in the Large Truck Crash Causation Study Analysis Brief published by FMCSA, 55% of large trucks involved in crashes were at fault for the accident. In 87% of these accidents, the cause of the crash was some type of truck driver error.
The top 10 reasons for large truck crashes are:
- Brake problems
- Interruption of traffic flow (congestion, another accident in the roadway)
- Prescription drug use
- Traveling too fast for conditions
- Unfamiliarity with the roadway
- Roadway problems
- Required to stop before a crash (crosswalk, red light, etc.)
- Over-the-counter drug use
- Inadequate surveillance
- Driver fatigue
Contact Our Jackson Truck Accident Attorneys | Available 24/7
If you or your loved one has been injured in a crash with an 18-wheeler, the sooner you speak with an experienced truck accident attorney, the better. Contact our Jackson accident attorneys at The Penton Law Group, PLLC right away to schedule a free consultation. Our Jackson personal injury lawyers can accurately identify the responsible parties and aggressively pursue full and fair compensation for your injuries.