Injured at Work?Schedule A Free Consultation
Jackson Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
Workers’ compensation was designed to protect workers who are injured on the job by providing certain financial benefits. When a worker is injured on the job, the employer’s insurance policy should cover the worker’s reasonable and necessary medical expenses, including medical-related travel expenses. In addition, the employer’s insurance company should pay for a portion of the worker’s wages if they are unable to work. Unfortunately, it is not always as easy as it should be for injured workers to receive these benefits. If you are experiencing difficulties with your workers’ compensation claim, contact The Penton Law Group, PLLC as soon as possible. Our Jackson workers compensation lawyers are tough advocates for injured workers.
Why Choose our Jackson Workers Comp Attorneys?
- We have over a decade of experience representing injured people.
- We are available for questions or concerns 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and we respond promptly to calls, texts and emails.
- We put the needs of our clients first, going above and beyond to pursue the recovery you deserve.
- We operate on a contingency fee basis, which means you pay us no money until we successfully recover for you.
How Can The Penton Law Group Help?
After an on-the-job injury, you are entitled to certain benefits under workers’ compensation, including medical expenses and partial compensation for lost wages. However, the claims process can be confusing. In an attempt to limit the amount they pay out, employers and insurance companies may challenge your claim or question the extent of your injuries. Our experienced Jackson workers’ compensation attorneys at The Penton Law Group, PLLC in Jackson, Mississippi help injured workers fight back against the system. Call us at (601) 500-5357
What Is Workers’ Compensation?
Workers’ compensation is no-fault insurance that employers are required by law to purchase in order to cover work-related injuries. This coverage begins immediately upon employment; there is no probationary period. In exchange, employees are prohibited from suing their employers for on-the-job injury damages.
Who Is Covered by Workers’ Comp?
Nearly all workers in the state are covered by workers’ comp. Exceptions to the rule include:
- Businesses with fewer than five employees
- Independent contractors
Workers’ Compensation Benefits in Mississippi
Covered employees who suffer an occupational illness or injury are entitled to the following workers’ compensation benefits:
- Medical services and supplies: This includes treatment by physicians, medications, hospital and nursing services, physical therapy and mileage for travel to medical appointments. The employer’s insurance company pays healthcare providers directly. There is no deductible to meet.
- Cash payments for lost wages: These payments may equal up to two-thirds of the employee’s average weekly pay. They may continue, depending on the extent of the injury and time away from work, for a period not to exceed 450 weeks.
- Temporary total disability payments: The injured worker receives two-thirds of their average weekly pay while not working due to an on the job injury.
- Temporary partial disability payments: The injured worker can still receive benefits if they are able to work after an on the job injury. This type of disability payment applies when the injured worker is earning less money after the on the job injury than they were before the injury.
- Permanent total or Permanent partial disability payments: If the injured worker’s condition is determined to be permanent, the worker can receive disability payments, and the amount will depend on whether the injured worker is declared completely or partially disabled.
- Vocational rehabilitation services to help the injured worker continue employment while working within their physical limitations.
- Death benefits for surviving family members of deceased workers.
If you were injured at work, a Jackson Workers Compensation attorney from The Penton Law Group can help. Accidents at work can happen very easily especially if you work in an industry where you are constantly on the move. We cover all kinds of work injuries including slips and falls, visit our Jackson slip and fall accident attorney page to learn more about filing a claim.
What If You Are Denied Your Full Workers’ Compensation Benefits?
When obtaining workers’ compensation benefits becomes a struggle or a challenge, the best thing to do is consult with an experienced workers’ compensation attorney. If your employer or the insurance company tries to deny your claim or reduce your benefits, you must take action to protect your legal rights.
Get Help from an Experienced Workers Compensation Lawyer
Employees who suffer work-related injuries are entitled to certain benefits under the law. At The Penton Law Group, PLLC in Jackson, Mississippi, we are dedicated advocates for workers injured on the job. Call us today for experienced legal assistance with your workers’ compensation claim. The Jackson personal injury attorneys at The Penton Law Group are available to take your call 24/7 (601) 500-5357.